Phonegap Day! Fil Maj on what's new in PhoneGap 2.0
by Senior Software Engineer,
We have two toads at PhoneGap Day here in Portland - you can follow the conference on Twitter #pgday. I'll be live blogging the event.
Here is what's new in PhoneGap 2.0:
- cordova.js - Has new functionality, we now have "shared bugs across all platforms"
- New OS support added: Windows Phone 7
- Embedded webview is available inside a larger native app, pretty rad IMHO.
- Spec for plugins - https://github.com/alunny/cordova-plugin-spec
- Command line tools for all platforms - create & debug commands
- Demo of CLI tools was awesome. Using cordova-client and
androidscreencast to show phone screen during live-coding (live coding after he was out at the bar - Dig a Pony - for his birthday all night, totally impressive).
- presented by Fil Maj (@filmaj)
Happy Birthday Fil!
Date posted: July 20, 2012
Add new comment