To say that we have entered turbulent times is perhaps an understatement. As we watch things unfold in real time (in my house we are glued to the...
AWS Media Symposium—Miami 2020
We’re excited about the AWS Media Symposium in Miami this year (February 13, 2020).
We’re excited about the AWS Media Symposium in Miami this year (February 13, 2020). It will be a full day for AWS partners, experts, technologists, and leaders in the M&E industry to learn and connect.
Here’s an overview of why you should go, what to expect, and how to get the most out of the event.
Why should you attend?
- Business leaders: You’ll see how M&E companies are leveraging the cloud to solve for their pain points—and get insight to apply to your own use cases
- Developers and engineers: You’ll get hands-on experience with AWS innovations that you can take back to your company and implement
What should you do at the event?
Business leaders: Sign up for the Business Leader Track for sessions that give you practical ideas for solutions to your current problems and future opportunities.
What not to miss (and why):
- Networking lunch: Connect one-on-one with other media and entertainment pros—plus AWS experts who can help you find tailored solutions
- Use case presentations: You’ll see tangible use cases from companies putting the cloud to work for them—and gather insights you can apply to your scenarios. We’re particularly excited about the presentations from Aldea Mexico and Millicom
- Sponsor booths: This is your chance to meet vendors who can build practical AWS solutions for you. They’ll be just outside the presentation rooms, so hit them up during breaks and between sessions
- Networking happy hour: Solidify relationships, follow up on key insights from your favorite presentations, and connect with AWS partners who can build solutions for you
Developers and engineers: Sign up for the hands-on technical workshops track to get practical experience applying AWS managed services solutions in your projects.
What not to miss (and why):
- Hands-on workshops: You’ll have a chance to tinker with new tech and get a feel for how you could put it to use in your projects
- Sponsor booths: The companies at these tables have wide-ranging experience implementing AWS solutions, and can provide valuable insight and resources
- Networking lunch: Find out what other technologists are doing with AWS services and talk shop
- Networking happy hour: Meet business leaders who invest in innovation and connect with AWS partners who can help solve your engineering needs
What should you bring?
With a full day of sessions, you’ll want to remember a few key items to stay comfortable and make the most out of your attendance.
- Water and snacks: Bring your water bottle and some quick snacks so you aren’t fading by day’s end
- Business cards: Half the point of attending is making connections. Be sure to bring cards so you can easily exchange info, especially during quick meet-and-greets when there’s no time to add contacts to your phone
- Chargers: Juice for your phone, tablet, and laptop is as essential as juice for your brain and body
- Notebook: You’ll hear a lot of ideas you want to refer back to and follow up on. Always a good idea to stash an actual paper pad and pen in your bag for quick jotting (or if your phone or laptop batteries die)
- Elevator pitch: Whether you’re on the business or technology side, come prepared with a 30-second overview of what you do and what you’re looking for at the symposium—it will make networking faster and more valuable. Write it out in a note on your phone for easy reference
One of the fastest-growing hubs of production and distribution, Miami is an especially vital location for M&E companies reaching diverse, multicultural markets. Miami-Dade County’s programs and incentives make the city particularly attractive for film, television, and new media production.
If you haven’t already, be sure to register for the free Miami AWS Media Symposium.
AWS is hosting two more M&E Symposia in 2020—you’ll discover new insights and connections at each. We’ll be there, and hope to see you too!
- New York: March 11, 2020
- Los Angeles: June 3, 2020