HTML5 canvas resources for beginners
- Dive into HTML5's canvas section - A great introduction to canvas development. I highly recommend stepping through it if you have had no canvas experience before.
- Canvas Demos – A showcase of amazing canvas and webGL demos. It is a great place to get excited about canvas. They also share some wonderful tutorials. Some really great demos I found via this site are LucidChart, jTenoriOn, CanvasMol, and iGrapher.
- The HTML5 Canvas Cheat Sheet – This compact, simple reference sheet provides you with a stripped down look at the attributes and methods of the canvas element and the 2d drawing context. You will want this close to you when you are working with canvas a lot.
- HTML5 Canvas Tutorials – This site, created by the author of the kineticJS library, showcases a wide variety of tutorials and demos. You can find many examples of the kinectJS library here.
- Beginning game development with html5 - This is a free course on using canvas for game development. This course even has many videos in each lesson, which can be quite helpful.
- And of course, the actual canvas specification.
Those resources should serve as a great starting point for canvas development. If you have come across any other really useful references or tutorials related to canvas, let us know in the comments!