Cloud Readiness Assessment
If you are being asked to assess whether you company is ready to migrate to the Cloud, you're not alone. As of 2022, 94% of companies use cloud technology in some form or another.
Here are few statistics:
- 83% of enterprise workloads were expected be in the cloud by 2020
- The global public cloud service market is projected to reach $266 billion in 2020
- 66% of enterprises already have a central cloud team or a cloud center of excellence
That's great for those companies who have adopted the cloud OpEx vs. CapEx approach, but not all companies are ready to take the plunge. Some barriers might include:
- legacy software that can't be migrated or rebuilt easily in the cloud
- smaller or overworked IT teams that don't have the bandwidth to take another project
- lack of cloud training or certification and a lack of bandwidth or corporate support in achieving them
- concerns around security or accuracy around cost estimates
Whatever the reason, it's worth taking the time to do a cloud migration readiness assessment before taking the plunge or diving into architecture right away.
What does being cloud ready mean?
Some key things to assess before moving to the cloud have to do with:
- organizational readiness
- clearly defined scope
- a well-vetted timeline
- team/resource availability
- cloud familiarity or available consulting resource
We've prepared an easy to answer cloud migration readiness self-assessment in a checklist form, which you can download as a digital PDF, printable PDF, or spreadsheet. We hope it is helpful!