The WebVisions Conference came through Portland last week - and Metal Toad was there to capture as many interviews as we could. WebVisions is a technology conference in its 14th year, and we got a few minutes with Executive Director Brad Smith to talk about the conference, its speakers, and some of the things that have come out of it over the years.
There were a lot of great sessions this year, with a big focus on mobile technology, HTML5, and adaptive and responsive design - all things we love working with and really feel are the future of the web. Along with raw technology talks, there were a lof of broader topics touched on in keynotes, workshops, and sessions. For instance, we had a great interview with Baratunde Thurston, who did a kick-off keynote on storytelling and technology.
We are really excited to share these interviews with you. We will be releasing them everyday over the next few weeks. The best ways to keep up with them is to follow us on Twitter, visit our YouTube channel, or you can keep visiting this blog post where I will update the list below with a link to the speaker's video. Have any comments or questions? Let me know in the comment.
- Baratunde Thurston, formerly of The Onion and author of "How To Be Black"
- Ross Mayfield, VP of SlideShare
- Laura Fitton, HubSpot's Inbound Marketing Evangelist
- Peter Merholz, co-founder of Adaptive Path, VP of UX at Inflection
- Andrew Hinton, Information Architect at The Understanding Group
- Sara Wachter-Boettcher, Content Strategist and Writer
- Brad Smith, Executive Director of WebVisions and Founder of Hot Pepper Studios Interview
- Aaron Gustafson, co-writer of "Adaptive Web Design"
- Matt May, Adobe Accessibility Evangelist
- Eric Holtzclaw, CEO of User Insight
- Chris Risdon, lead Experience Designer at Adaptive Path
- Beth Harrington, independent producer, director and writer
- Crystal Beasley, User Experience Designer at Mozilla
- Dylan Wilbanks, User Experience Designer at Apptio
- Faruk Ates, Designer, Developer, and web standards educator
- Jason Grigsby, Mobile Web Strategist and co-founder of CloudFour.com
- Justin Garrity, Chief Creative Officer at FreeRange 360
- Kevin Hoyt, Developer Evangelist at Adobe
- Richard Dalton, Information Architect and User Experience Design manager at Vanguard
- Scott Cowley, Head of Search Engine Optimization at ZAGG
- Thea Boodhoo, Content Specialist at AKQA
- Thor Muller, CTO and co-founder of Get Satisfaction
- Tim Kadlec, Web Developer and author of Implementing Responsive Design
- Todd Anglin, VP of HTML5 Web & Mobile tools at Telerik
- Matt Fordham and Taylor Winters, of WINTR - a Digital Creative Company
- Lorelle VanFossen, senior editor of the WordPress Codex
- Mike Bijon, Digital Strategist at Metal Toad and WordPress core contributor