Like many Drupal developers, we have become big fans of decoupled front-ends using Drupal as a RESTful backend (a.k.a. "headless" Drupal). The myriad of authorization options can be confusing, however. We've settled on OAuth 2.0 for most situations. When OAuth is brought up, many people will think of the single-sign-on flow in a browser, with the associated redirects and permission dialogs. This flow is widely used, but not always a good fit for first-party applications, or machine-to-machine API interactions.
I've been playing with D7 forms lately and have found #states to be somewhat challenging due to lack of documentation on Form API page.
I've poked around a bit and decided to write a blog with my findings in case someone else is in need of this info down the road.
Metal Toad has had the privilege to work over the past two years with DC Comics. What makes this partnership even more exciting, is that the main dccomics.com site also includes sites for Vertigo Comics and Mad Magazine. Most recently Metal Toad was given the task of building the new search feature for all three sites. However, while its an awesome privilege to work with such a well known brand as DC, this does not come without a complex set of issues for the three sites when working with Apache Solr search and Drupal.
What's the best way to learn programming for beginners? What makes the difference between the people who knock things out of the park vs those who struggle?
Welcome back to the second part of "Please don't abuse node references!"
In this post I'll cover some of the details behind some of the issues I encountered when I implemented the solution to our problem outlined in part 1.
Photo Credit: Tyler Ward
In Toadcast 23 we talk with Tom Martin and Dan about Drupalcon 2014, Texas Food, Heat, Sessions from Four Kitchens, Adam Edgerton, Roaches, Austin City Life, Pet Talk, Presentations by Dan, Drupalcon 2015, The Definition of Decimate, Future of Drupal, & Expansion of Drupal Crowd.
Turns out that Toads migrate south in the summer. At first, we assumed this was some instinctual need to get as close to the sun as possible. But then we realized it was just the bright beacon of Drupalcon drawing us in. We must obey our master.
Welcome to the first part of a two part article on a terrible way to use node references, how it was fixed, and the troubles implementing the solution. In this post, I'll provide some background on the problem encountered and talk briefly about the proposed solution.