Why use AWS Machine Learning for video segment detection?
Entering metadata for video manually can be time consuming and expensive, especially when processing large amounts of new video. No matter what MAM or video platform you are using (Brightcove, MUX, etc) AWS machine learning video segment detection can save time and money, and by automatically timestamp things like:
- Black frames
- Color bars
- Content (regular video)
- End credits
- Opening credits
- Shot detection
- Studio logos
How much does AWS video segment detection cost?
The primary ongoing cost factors come from using Amazon Rekognition, though video segment detection is the most affordable video processing service Amazon currently offers.
- Video processing for video segment detection costs $0.05 per minute of video for all Technical Cues Detection (silent black frames, credits, content, and more).
- Shot detection is priced a separate service (also $0.05 per minute of video), for a total of 10 cents for both services.
- The recurring costs for data storage, search, and other services amount to about $3.00 per day.
Professional setup can range between ~$5,000 to $10,000, or self-setup can be estimated at around 5 weeks for the first time through.
How long does it take to setup?
Kicking off the Cloud formation template in an existing AWS account only take about 20 minutes, but full integration into a video processing workflow can take 1-2 or 5 weeks, depending on the experience level working with Rekognition and the video service and/or the MAM where the data is stored.
- Developer Guide (Video Segment Detection)
- Sourcecode (Github)*
- Download Cloudformation Template*
- View implementation guide*
- Rekognition Pricing
* these digital resources include additional services such as transcription and translation, though these features can be disabled.
Our talented AWS solution architects can help you get an automated content moderation solution up and running using AWS machine learning. Send us an email, chat with us, or call us at (310)507-0606 for a free consultation.