A radical idea that can change the landscape of your business carries both tremendous promise and a dose of risk. A Proof of Concept (PoC) lets you move forward quickly, while minimizing risk, gaining stakeholder buy-in, and saving money.
A PoC allows you to test your hypothesis before investing in a full build without necessary validation. Approaches include:
- Test your market hypothesis with a UX prototype that allows you to do get feedback from users on features and functionality
- Determine technical feasibility with a PoC you can test for functionality, technology gaps, and unexpected issues
PoCs lead to better end products
If you’ve ever gone to market only to discover a fatal flaw in your product, you know the pain points that PoCs can alleviate. Start with a PoC and you can:
- reduce the risk of trying a new idea or technology
- save time and money by uncovering issues before you build
- gain insights that increase the likelihood of success
- uncover user needs and pain points to clarify your strategy
- prioritize your resource investments
- increase speed to market
Building an app, delving into the Internet of Things (IoT), redefining your supply chain, implementing machine learning, integrating a new technology—any major disruption could benefit from a PoC. With Metal Toad as your partner, you can quickly test the waters and determine the most rewarding path forward.