Utilization of AWS machine learning in the cloud is the apex of most cloud journeys. Getting things setup with great AWS managed services properly at the start is critical, but once you are there the potential for optimization and insight are limited primarily by your imagination and depth of datasets. Our CEO, Joaquin Lippincott, has been quoted by Forbes on this topic:
“Across all industries, huge amounts of data can be gathered or inferred by Machine Learning (ML). In the Media & Entertainment industry this can be as simple as metadata for tagging scenes (characters, actors and so on) and potentially as profound as predicting the success or failure of future TV and movie ventures. As we gather more data from streaming, expect ML’s impact to only increase across all sectors.”
Machine Learning with Metal Toad
AWS machine learning is powerful, but implementation can feel quite foreign, even for experienced programmers. Metal Toad makes leveraging the power of the AWS cloud easy by bringing strong technical expertise.
|25+ machine learning products & services||✓||✓|
|ML insight review||✓|
|Ongoing algorithm training||✓|
Machine Learning FAQ
- What is Machine Learning?
If you are just getting started I highly recommend the following video by Tony Rost which answers the question, what is machine learning>
- I'm not in the tech sector. Do I need to be thinking about machine learning?
- Machine learning is going to affect every industry from legal, to streaming, to retail. Disruption may come in the form insights to enable more competitive decision making all the way to massive workforce replacement (knowledge workers are particularly vulnerable).
- How many AWS machine learning services are there?
- AWS Machine learning now includes 25 distinct products/services. This makes it one of the most robust areas within the AWS ecosystem, with more complexity and continued development then both the AWS Compute and Storage services areas combined.
- What are the top 3 AWS machine learning services?
At Metal Toad, areas of Machine Learning expertise include a top three list (in order of how awesome we think they are):
#1 Amazon Rekognition
A trainable visual machine learning algorithm, Rekognition can be used for face identification or trained to be able to identify all kinds visual objects. A cloud-based competitor to the open source YOLO (You Only Look Once) Python project, Rekognition's cloud-based nature means that it is growing and improving all the time. It's amazing to work with and a ton of fun. You can watch the latest rollout of features from re:Invent below:
#2 Amazon SageMaker
SageMaker is AWS's core machine learning platform - the thing that takes big data and turns into business intelligence, with the right training of course. Machine Learning is unlike most programming scenarios in that you actually aren't writing code, but rather setting the algorithm lose to do it for you. With several certified AWS Machine Learning team members on staff, SageMaker is regularly being introduced in both customer projects and Metal Toad hack-a-thons.
#3 Amazon Comprehend
Amazon Comprehend is truly machine learning on a grandiose scale. Comprehend is a fully managed natural language processing service that analyzes deduces human expression in text in a totally unique way. For instance, you could feed it the comments on your org’s Facebook page and run a sentiment analysis to understand instantly how people feel about your brand—the ultimate data-validated gut check.
- What is the full-suite of AWS Machine Learning services?
Beyond our top picks we have included references to the entire list of 25 below:
- Amazon SageMaker
- Amazon Comprehend
- Amazon Forecast
- Amazon Rekognition
- Amazon Personalize
- Amazon Augmented AI
- Amazon CodeGuru
- Amazon Elastic Inference
- Amazon Fraud Detector
- Amazon Kendra
- Amazon Lex
- Amazon Polly
- Amazon SageMaker Ground Truth
- Amazon Textract
- Amazon Translate
- Amazon Transcribe
- AWS Deep Learning AMIs
- AWS Deep Learning Containers
- AWS DeepComposer
- AWS DeepLens
- AWS DeepRacer
- Amazon Inferentia
- PyTorch on AWS
- Apache MXNet on AWS
- TensorFlow on AWS