Ruby is elegant programming.
What is Ruby?
Ruby is programming language that tends to produce clean, simple, yet extremely powerful code. Ruby borrows many aspects of other programming langauges and tries to balance them.
- It is flexible. Ruby allows it's users to freely modify its parts. Coders have the freedom to redefine, add upon or remove various essential parts of Ruby.
- It is cross platform. like Java, coders can write once and run anywhere.
- It has a fantastic mark-and-sweep garbage collector for all of Ruby's objects.
- Ruby handles multithreading independently of the underlying operating system. This means you can have multithreaded applications in environments where they are traditionally unavailable - even in MS-DOS.
- Everything in Ruby is an object. Every portion of code and data can be given their own methods and properties.
- Brilliantly clean syntax. The low amount of punctuation Ruby uses produces code that is much more readable and understandable.
How does Metal Toad use Ruby?
Metal Toad utilizes the flexibility of Ruby with the powerful Rails framework to create rich web applications.