Create an iPad application to use as a sales tool for their 200+ affiliate stations across the United States. It needed to be fast, stable, and functional even if an internet connection isn't present.
“MetalToad has outperformed our every expectation along with keeping within our vigorous brand standards. Their professionalism and quality of work outshines other companies in the same league by leaps and bounds. In this industry those few companies are hard to find and once you find them you know it! ”
- Jason Thompson, ABC Television Network
Metal Toad Media worked with Idea Asylum to create an application that showcases current and upcoming television seasons. The app is primarily native iPad, caches videos locally to be usable independent of an internet connection, and has a browser-based counterpart that duplicates the look and feel of the iPad app but relies on streaming video for content delivery.
- Retina Compatible
- Available in the iTunes App Store as a native app, and on the web
- One codebase for both implementations, and takes advantage of the latest versions of RequireJS and OpenAJAX
- Gathers Google Analytics application usage data, even if offline
- Compatible with iPad 2 and up, detects iPad 1 and alerts user to hardware limitations