To create a new website for PECI using Drupal 7 that allows them to manage their own content.
Industry: Energy Efficiency
PECI approached Metal Toad Media in the fall of 2011 about a complete rebuild of their old website using a CMS to allow PECI employees to create and manage site content. Drupal 7 was chosen as the best fitting CMS for the project, and Metal Toad worked with an internal marketing & design team at PECI to finalize the site architecture and create requirements and a technical specification.
Development highlights include:
- Drag-and-drop sorting for views
- Searchable document library
- Custom-styled home page marquee & carousel
- Custom-styled drop-down navigation
- Expanding definition bullets within text fields
Important goals that were accomplished with the website:
- PECI can now manage their own website content without on-site developers
- The admin interface is simple and intuitive for PECI employees to create and manage content
- Content moderation workflow allows bloggers and contributors to add content with oversight from a team of editors