About Copper Frog Hosting
For us, enterprise Drupal hosting isn't just a niche, it's the reason we exist. Copper Frog was founded in 2006 by the founder of Metal Toad Media, when we couldn't find a good Drupal savvy hosting provider for our marquee clients. Our sites are designed for high-end scalability, with a target of not just thousands of users, but millions.
As a system administrator you will join a young and dynamic small team building a company in an agile startup type environment. We are collocated with our sister company Metal Toad Media which is a highly creative and successful web development company. As such both teams work closely together for the benefit of each other.
As a system administrator we expect you to work on the following.
- Establishes systems by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, network appliances and operating and system management systems
- Troubleshoots system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems
- Defined system and operational policies and procedures
- Analyzes workflow, access, information, and security requirements
- Designs system infrastructure
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning
- Designs and runs system load/stress testing, escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures systems by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation
- Establishes and tests disaster recovery policies and procedures
- Maintains documentation
- Upgrades systems by conferring with vendors and services; develops, tests, evaluates, and installs enhancements and new software
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization's values by keeping information confidential
As a system administrator we’d like you to have the following background.
- Linux administration knowledge necessary (CentOS/RedHat, Debian/Ubuntu)
- Scripting language experience desired (bash, perl, ruby)
- Experience with Puppet for configuration management a plus
- Knowledge in at least one of the following necessary:
- Switch configuration/administration (Juniper preferred or Cisco)
- Router/Firewall configuration/administration (Vyatta preferred)
- Load balancer configuration/administration (F5 preferred)
- Experience in setting up LAMP stack style systems desired
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git, subversion) preferred
- Experience with monitoring tools (nagios, munin, new relic) a plus
- Experience with Varnish Web accelerator or other web caching, load balancing, reverse proxy software a plus
- Experience with OpenVZ desired
- Experience with VMWare ESXi and vSphere/vCenter a plus
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and AS3 or others a plus
- General LAN/WAN design/maintenance and concepts necessary (DNS/NAT/VLAN/SSL)
- Experience working in a data center or hosting environment a plus
- Team player
- Problem solver and willing to work in an agile/fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and customer oriented
- Willing to react to system problems in off hours and weekends if necessary
- Local to Portland, Oregon
Please reference System Administrator in your subject line.