Metal Toad Media is looking for a Senior Developer to join our in-office team.
Our work environment is a vibrant, collaborative one where we foster personal/professional growth of our developers. In this position you will work on and build exciting web and mobile applications ranging from internal projects to large deployments for publicly traded companies.
IMPORTANT: This is an in office position, so you must be local to Portland, Oregon. No outsourced firms or remote workers need apply.
You are a master craftsperson and the web is your medium. Your customers enjoy conversations with you, your team is inspired by your high standards of quality, and your project managers are in awe of your estimation skills.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- writing excellent code
- collaborate with other members of the development team
- learning new technologies
- writing technical documentation
- making lemonade
- 10+ years of experience in web development
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (XP, Scrum, etc)
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Apache (or other web server) experience
- PHP programming experience
- Drupal development experience
- HTML5+CSS3 experience
- Database experience (CouchDB, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience in working with MVC architecture
- Unix/Linux command line experience
- Good communication skills & a great can-do attitude
- BS in computer science or related field
- Python experience
- A Github account
- A Drupal.org user account
- Mobile app development experience (iPhone, Blackberry, Android, etc)
- Read the book the Mythical Man-Month
We are truly a technology focused company and provide freedom to the development team to try new things. Some of the things developers have created while at the company include:
- Two HTML5 Base Themes (http://drupal.org/project/boilerplate, http://drupal.org/project/boron)
- A mobile-responsive site using CSS Media Queries (http://www.metaltoad.com/409)
- Drupal core contribution
- Capistrano deployment scripts
- One the first publicly available Drupal7 sites (http://metaltoad.com) - alpha6 release
Metal Toad Media is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.
- Simple IRA retirement plan with 3% company matching
- Paid Trimet pass (office right off of MAX line)
- Blogging time
- R&D time
- Conference attendance (Domestic)
Compensation based on experience.
Please reference Senior Developer in your subject line.
Want to know more about Metal Toad Media?
- Check out our Corporate Values
- Read about why Metal Toad Media is a great place for developers to work.